[DeTomaso] Pantera specifics for clutch and pressure plate?

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Jun 11 08:55:19 EDT 2013

I know we have discussed this before.
I replaced a clutch and pressure plate locally for a '73 'P' car during
an engine swap. My mechanic took the old C&P down to our long time local
re-builder.   They replaced my C&P with an exact match.  In
investigation I find that the replacement is a Mustang replacement.  My
mechanic has since left the area and when the clutch was adjusted so it
would work there is a rattle  as the engine turns with the throw out
bearing released.  I have since found that the mechanic is a little
wormy and may have taken the expedient way out.  What are the specific
differences between the Mustang clutch and the Pantera clutch assembly
for the 351C?  The replacement engine seems to have a piston slap so I
may be doing this again soon.

Thanks in advance,
jerry