[DeTomaso] Pix from last weekend's event

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:05:51 EDT 2013

Hi all

As mentioned a few days ago, last weekend we participated in a Supercar
event in Northern Spain. Pix may be found here:

The first picture in the album is the best photo I have ever seen of my car,
taken by a young photographer named Diego. The original of this picture
looks like a poster!

The weather was so-so, but there were some really nice people and some
fantastic cars in attendance. Interestingly enough, there are at least two
companies in Spain trying to launch a supercar - the GTA Spano and the
Tauro. The Spano is further along as far as development goes and is
blindingly fast. He passed us once - we were all cruising along the highway
at about 130 k/hr when he changed lanes and simply nailed the throttle - the
acceleration of this car was simply mind-boggling.

For part of the tour I had the Guardia Civil (sort of State Police)
following me with their lights on and all. I'd forget about them for a
second and the flashing lights would catch my eye and my heart would skip a
beat. I'd remember that all this was ok and relax again, and 3 minutes later
by heart would skip another beat as the lights caught my eye. It isn't
something that I could get used to easily.

Last year the organization had all the streets of the city of Santander
blocked off and we were invited to basically blast through the city at full
throttle while the crowds cheered us on. This year we got a late start and
traffic wasn't completely blocked for us, so it was a little more
restrained. Too bad - literally racing through the center of a city was the
closest to Monaco that I'll ever come!

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375