[DeTomaso] but that's another story

JPEP33 at aol.com JPEP33 at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 19:41:46 EDT 2013

I'm sure you will be hearing from the Squirrel's lawyer soon!

JP-Texas

In a message dated 7/29/2013 5:35:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 7/28/13 15 18 49, adin at frontier.net writes:

>  Pantera, take it out and play with it!

PCNC did just that this  weekend.   Michael and Roxanne Fertitta (Roxanne
is
Jack and  Judy DeRyke's daughter) brought their local Mini club over the
Sierras  from Nevada and invited PCNC to join the fun.   We spent two days
driving the back roads of the Sierras, to include DIRT roads, and escaped
the 95
degree heat by exploring cave formations where things were nice and  cool.

Lori and I drove my Pantera 300+ miles without a  hitch.   In fact NO
Panteras broke down (CHPIE members take  note!) or even misbehaved slightly.

I found that my #2 radiator fan  would cycle on and off with the
conditions,
with temps staying rock steady  in the 190 degree range.   On the drive
home, it was right at  180 on long uninterrupted runs.

No freeways the whole weekend--two-lane  from door to door!   Now the car
is
filthy, and  happy!

Noted during a postflight inspection today that my secondary  throttle
return spring snapped, which just demonstrates why it's such a  good idea
to have
a compression spring in the throttle cable.    Fortunately I had an extra
secondary spring and fixed it right  away.

Took it for a celebratory drive in the hills behind my house  today after
filling the tank (19.5 gallons for 305 miles, you can do the  math but it
works
out to about 16 mpg), where a squirrel zigged when he  should have zagged
and I centerpunched him, or so it seemed.    There was a
fiberglass-sounding
THWACK and I was afraid my spoiler had bit  the dust, but when I got home,
there was no damage at all.    Must have just grazed  him....

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

DeTomaso mailing  list
DeTomaso at poca.com