[DeTomaso] Mounting extra gauge on dash

Chris Difani csdifani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 04:44:15 EDT 2013

Don et al:

One other option is to replace two (at a time) of the original Veglia
gauges with single SPA Technique dual digital gauges.

http://www.spatechnique.com/product_pages/page.cfm?cat=2

Using the original four stock "locations", you can get 8 data displays.
These gauges have high and low alarms (or over and under, as the case may
be), programmable warning lights, adjustable backlight brightness, they fit
our 52MM holes, are about 7/8" deep, come with either black bezel, or
chrome bezel, black face, or white face, and can be either blue, green, or
red for the digital displays.

While they aren't cheap, they also aren't horribly expensive for what
you're getting.  Accuracy is, depending on what you want, either at 1 lb.
increments, or 0.1 lb. increments for pressures, and the other values are
similar.  Their "fuel quantity" is a 5 step gauge that you calibrate,
starting with an empty tank.  The last gauge I got, fuel quantity and
voltage, was $240, and the oil pressure and coolant temp was $270.  They
also have wideband O2, EGT, and all the rest of the "usual suspects".  Each
gauge comes with the appropriate sensors.

These are well made, and of excellent design (at least to me).  They're
made in the UK, and sold by SPA Technique USA in Indianapolis, and by
regional distributors.  The best prices I've found are at
www.scienceofspeed.com in Chandler, Arizona.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/SPA_Design/dual_gauges/

Chris

Chris Difani