[DeTomaso] Mounting extra gauge on dash

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 6 01:20:32 EDT 2013

Don, I have a digital clock between the pods. Works OK but could use a
custom sun-shroud similar to what the speedo & tach have. The late-dash cars
don't have room between the gauges so some GT-5s had their factory clocks to
the left of the big single pod, some to the right. For an oil temp gauge, I
pulled the never-used ash tray out of the console and made a gauge-holder to
fit in its place. The illuminated gauge is wired for two sensors via a
3-position switch- one checks engine oil temp, the other checks the lube temp in
our ZF, which I was curious about at the time. Seldom use position 2   since
I found the ZF lube temp rarely gets to 180F.   FWIW- J Deryke