[DeTomaso] Rim Offsets

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 17:11:26 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/3/13 9:48:45 AM, steve at snclocks.com writes:

> Easier parking, a bit more road feel, any comment on impact on
> tramlining?

Tramlining or following road grooves is mostly due to too little caster;
the average Pantera has far too little at -2.4 degrees maximum. As a
comparison,   mid-'70s Corvettes use -7 degrees! Plus, the wider the wheels & tires
and the lower their profiles, the more caster is needed to keep it from being
a problem. Street driven Panteras can use up to about -4-1/2 degrees
caster. Yes- it will slightly increase low speed steering effort. But my
'senior-citizen' wife at 5'2" & 110 lbs has no problem steering our Pantera at any
speed, which uses -4-1/2 degrees, 8" Campys and 245-50 front tires. FWIW- J
Deryke