[DeTomaso] Weber debate

Bill Moore Bill at Incendium.com
Sun Jan 27 12:00:54 EST 2013

I'm living at the bottom of the "slippery slope". It was so much fun getting
here.

Snow and salt on the roads, Cat in the garage.  Plus 5C (41F)

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at poca.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at poca.com] On Behalf
Of David in Durango
Sent: January-26-13 2:47 PM
To: Panteras
Subject: [DeTomaso] Weber debate

"Why buy a 1971 Pantera when you can have a new Corvette?

> Why do Webers when you could do fuel injection?
>
> Jeff
> 6559"

Now, Gary . . . don't be a stinker!

Butt, seriously:  a big inch lump 4bbl. motor is quite different from a
weber/IR EFI zingzing motor.  The whole character of the car changes.

and then we have the "deRyke" effect.  (
http://www.poca.com/index.php/component/content/article/186-tcnw )

IMO, Webers or the IR EFI motor just has to have 180 headers.  and possibly
the opposite (180 headers demand webers?)

Almost every Pantera is different.  and SHOULD BE.  Tart it up to your taste
and budget, then drive it (or don't) how you like.  Don't make me tell you
the story of the 2 hr debate about whether the King Dick screwdriver is the
only proper tool for a concours tool kit.
and one other thing . . . don't tell me what my car needs!

David, grouchy and snowing in Durango.
if you can't make it fast, make it loud.

hahahahaha