[DeTomaso] NPC: Radar/Laser Detector

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Feb 2 22:21:49 EST 2013

I have valentines in my wife's car and have wired all my cars to allow easy
swap for my own. The power connector for valentines are similar to phone
jacks and they draw very little current. It was easy to run the hard-wired
power wire that came with the valentine from the fuze box up the pillar and
to the rear view mirror. On newer cars with power run to the rear view
mirror, I bought a power plug off of eBay that takes 5 minutes to tap into
the mirror and plugs right into the valentine. I also bought a mount that
hangs from the rear view for one car and use suction cups for the others.
Let me know if you want pics.

As for the valentines performance, i like that it tells you how many
signals it is receiving and what direction (front, rear, or side) and has
different tones by radar type.  Laser gets your attention.

We put both the Valentine and my sons older cobra in the car and the
Valentine was way more accurate and had better range.