[DeTomaso] Fuel Return Line in Tank

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 9 17:03:43 EST 2013

In a message dated 12/8/13 15 48 13, steve at snclocks.com writes:

> As I mentioned in a previous note, I plan to go with MSD fuel injection
> on my car.  Which raised the question of where (and if it was worth the
> effort) to install the return fuel line.  I pulled my tank earlier and was
> surprised to find what looks like a return line already there.  There was a
> plug in the top end of the line – came out easily, and it sure looks like this
> tank is set for FI.  Is this common?
>

>>>That's not a return line--that's the original fuel feed line.   The
early cars used the setup you have, while the later ('73-74) cars used a
different fuel sender with integral pickup pipe on the sender.

You're in luck, because now you can draw fuel from the fuel tank sender (if
your sender doesn't have a fuel sender, you can buy a new one which does)
and return it through the old integral fuel line pickup.