[DeTomaso] Carb and fuel pump

dave londry davel at emspace.com
Sun Dec 8 23:59:42 EST 2013

Quicker to get the A/F meter in and watch it happen.
Any of the "too little fuel" causes will show high A/F numbers PDQ.
I would have expected you to get the dryout symptoms including big
detonation.

All that would make one think you'd run out of flow,
  but a stock Pantera with the crappy little carb has plenty of jump at 130.

Seems like a quality mystery to me.
dave