[DeTomaso] Headlights

Jack Donahue demongusta at me.com
Wed Aug 28 14:56:15 EDT 2013

Hey All:
My headlight situation is 40 years old, so I thought I would tackle the fact that a high beam on the passenger side is not working, and the same side has a little "jiggle" in it going down the road. Unless they are now making road signs that flicker when Panteras drive by. I also noticed that the word "motorcycle" is stamped on the glass of the headlight. My first quest was to make the light stay UP without illuminating, which I did with the ignition/headlight switch. For my own piece of mind, I would like to "rebuild" the entire system - greasing gears, etc. but don't want to do a "trial-and-error" thing when all you gurus out there can shed some light (no pun..) on me doing this. I had a heck of a time utilizing the manual knob to raise the lights until I played around enough with the ignition/headlight combo to keep them up, but not lit.
All/any help would be appreciated.
Jack