[DeTomaso] Stress-relieving Rims

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 00:20:31 EDT 2013

How are the edges on your rims?

The clip on weights tend to cause corrosion and pitting, plus the edges
like to chip off.

I bought some epay rims like that.  They were much better than the rims
that came on my car, but I never liked the "rode hard" look.

Then I read the article in Profiles (or the newsletter, I don't remember
which) where Hall Pantera took several rims, had problems repaired, and
then did all of the stripping, heat treating, and finally powder coating.
I have 4 of these, and they look MUCH better than the rims I started with.

You could see if Hall has any left.  They only cost me $250 each.

But if you go through all of that work, you want to start with a good set
- i.e. no pits, chips, etc.

--
Will