[DeTomaso] 1990 GT5S SHOCKS AND A-FRAME BUSHINGS

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Aug 11 16:40:14 EDT 2013

Colin, not sure   what the difference might be between early Pantera
Aristons and late, but Ariston, Telecar and Koni shocks from '71-75 all used the
same size rubber shock bushings. They all interchanged but I found they were
all were equally poor as far as controlling the weight in the rear; they
collapsed within a short time allowing contact between metal parts. The more
lightly loaded front shocks seemed to not destroy their rubber bushings as
fast.
So I suggest contacting the usual vendors and asking for polyurethane
bushings to fit your shocks- and it would be a good idea if you measured the
shock eye diameters first, just in case they actually are different. Poly
bushings are inexpensive and do NOT cause more noise or ride harshness in the
cockpit, in my exoerience. But they do last far longer and sharpen the handling
of any Pantera I've yet driven, including a GT-5. Good luck- JDeRyke