[DeTomaso] NPC:: How to start your airplane with a dead battery

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Fri Aug 9 20:07:25 EDT 2013

I have hand propped a lot of airplanes but never done that. Kind of how we
did the .049's as a kid on the model airplanes.

Started a Stearman once with an inertia starter which was cool. My brother
has an Allison with an inertia starter on it from a P-38 which can be
started with the inertia starter which can be driven by electric motor or
by hand. When we started the Continental 1790 tank engine we used a drive
shaft and a tractor PTO.

Gary