[DeTomaso] Re : [De Tomaso] Summit carb

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 11:52:06 EDT 2013

Mikael,

I had the Summit carb on my mustang before i put the supercharger on it and it was as you said an excellent carb.

I did have a heat soak problem with it after the car had been parked for 30 minutes or so after driving it.I cured it by using a phenolic spacer.So the aluminum carbs still have the same problems with heat as normal Holleys.At least for me it did.

For what its worth the Summit carb is actually a Holley design from the late 1980's.I think if i recall correctly they were the 4010 and 4011 series.Unfortunately they had very poor sales so they stopped selling them.I am happy that summit sells them as they are a good carb.Lighter than regular Holley's as well!

Richard