[DeTomaso] Heat Insulation - Engine Bay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 3 19:22:07 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/3/13 15 32 53, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> I intend to use a stainless steel sheet attached to the decklid to
> provide protection.  Any suggestions as to what to insulate the side
> facing the decklid?  I hope to have the engine bay facing side polished.
>

>>>Go to Aircraft Spruce and look at their aircraft engine bay insulation
products.   I got a flat sheet of heat/vibration resistant material to put
between my SS gas tank shield and the gas tank (since my original insulated
shield that the SS is simply supposed to cover, was discarded by accident).
I don't have any empirical evidence as to how well the product I bought
actually works, but one would presume that if it's sold for use by the aviation
industry that the performance standards would be quite high.

Cheers!