[DeTomaso] Wilwood Brakes WTF????

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 01:19:51 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/15/13 21 30 13, scott at saccrestorations.net writes:

> It looks like you have room to run a steel bracket.
>
>>>It would have to be 3/8 instead of 1/2 though.
>
> >Those hats look like standard Pantera hats built by Wilwood.

> >If you want to switch to steel brackets let me know. I would be happy to
> assist you…
>
>>>That's very kind of you!

In the short term, I'm just buttoning it all back together and driving it!
 Later on I will address the situation, incrementally.   The most important
first step will be to choose pads that are capable of sustaining operation
at the elevated temperatures that Laguna Seca generates when running slicks.
  It's quite possible that is my only real problem.

Having said that, floating rotors would be a good idea too....