[DeTomaso] Import papers...

Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:17:58 EDT 2012

Can't speak to CA rules, but for VA, MD, GA, and NY all the seller would
need are a valid title and registration. I've imported 4 vehicles and
registered them in VA, MD, GA, and NY, and the DMV keeps the EPA/Customs
papers when they issue the title. Of the 4 imports, I have sold 2 of them
to out of state buyers (non-CA), and all they needed to register/title the
cars in their home states was my title and the bill of sale. From what the
DMV guys told me, registration means diddly squat - its the title all
states have to honor.
Hope this helps.