[DeTomaso] 400 Exhaust

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 15:56:50 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/4/12 9 39 38, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> I originally built these to go over the suspension but the firing
> order/back pressure left every other cyl lean:
>

>>>Wouldn't that be attributable to not having the collector close enough
to the exhaust ports--or not having one at all?   I admit I know squat about
exhaust theory, but I seem to recall that there is a somewhat optimal
distance from the exhaust ports to the collector, and that individual pipe systems
with no collector don't work particularly well.

Edjumacate me some more?