[DeTomaso] Highest ZF tempeature ?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 04:24:10 EDT 2012

Our ZF has a temp sensor in it that shows a max of 180F degrees at
well-over-100-mph cruise conditions for 30 minutes or more. Other guys who have run
Open Road events report 'hot coffee' temps maybe a bit higher. So if your
clear coat will withstand maybe 220-250F, you should be fine unless you decide
to run the Classic LeMans some day.... I suggest NOT using thick coats of
paint including powder coating since paints are an insulator.   Good luck- J
DeRyke