[DeTomaso] Highest ZF tempeature ?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:15:18 EDT 2012

IMHO that's a bad idea, the case needs to "breathe" as a part of the
cooling process, I like the way polished cases look but understand that the
polishing process also seals the case a d they also run hotter.
If you are just tooling around town and doing car shows it probably won't
make difference, but the next owner might not drive it the same way, I know
that ultimately, I'm a caretaker, eventually the keys will be pried from my
cold dead hands.
What is causing it to get so dirty, leaks?
I wash mine ( engine area ) every time I wash the car, about every 3rd or
4th time I also spray it with Eagle One wheel cleaner for Rough Cast wheels
( O'Reilly's) and about once a year brush on Aluminum Jelly and let it sit
5-10 minutes before washing off.
Just be careful,  both of these products will eat the red and blue off of
any AN parts nearby.
It looks really good, almost white- silver afterwards.

I'll send you a photo.

Michael Shortt