[DeTomaso] [SCPOCA] AC/Heater core fresh air intake.

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 22:58:39 EDT 2012

In a message dated 10/14/12 9 30 0, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> Does anyone have pictures of the fresh air intake assembly on a late
> model Pantera?
>
> I picked up misc. AC parts on EBay and it include a flapper assembly for
> a fresh air intake.  I assume it somehow mounts through the underside of
> the wiper cowl and adjacent the evaporator box.  Yet, my personal
> imagination is limiting my ability to understand how. With the interior
> gutted and windshield out, I've got lots of room to play and I still
> cant see how to accomplish the task.
>

>>>This makes it crystal clear:

Note that my caption (printed on the photo itself) is wrong in one way.
It shows the valve in the open position, allowing fresh air into the side of
the heater box.   When it closes, it closes to the right, meaning that the
heater box draws air from inside the cabin.

I believe the box hangs on the side of the squirrel cage fan housing.