[DeTomaso] Amp gauge

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 18 21:05:24 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/18/12 12 35 53, guson at home.se writes:

> >You can't wire anything "outside" the ammeter. If you connect a load to
> the
> battery the meter will register item load when alternator is charging.
> When
> alternator is out no reading will be present. If you connet the load to
> the
> alternator output you will see discharge when alternator is not running.
> When alternator is running you will see no meter change.

I have always been under the impression that if an electrical component is
powered directly from the battery, that the ammeter will not register that
load, because the current that drives that component does not pass through
the ammeter.   That's what I meant by wiring 'outside' the ammeter.

Not true?   I can't see how that could be not true.   But edjumacate me if
I'm wrong?