[DeTomaso] Ignition resistance wire?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 16 10:56:00 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/15/12 13 03 56, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Next question.  I'm installing a Pertronix Ignitor III module in the
> distributor.  The instructions indicate you can't use with a resistor or
> resistance wire.
>
> My late L model wiring diagram shows a resistance wire from the switch
> to the coil.  Is that right?
> Has anyone else installed a Pertronix module?  How did you wire it?

FWIW, I have been told (but don't know for sure) that the Pantera
resistance wire actually has a simple resistor stuck into an ordinary length of wire.
  If you look hard enough you should be able to find and remove it.

My Mustang actually has a resistor wire--the wire itself acts as a
resistor, and must be replaced if you need to do away with the resistance feature.