[DeTomaso] Ignition resistance wire?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 18 19:17:16 EDT 2012

Alrighty then...

So the system is all hooked up.  I connected my voltmeter + to the BAT
term on the coil, and - to Ground.  With the ignition ON, I get 12V.
With the engine started and running (yea!, the Pertronix works!), it
reads between 12V-14V.   This tells me I don't have any resistance wire
in line there.  Right!

What I have at the BAT term on the coil is directly wired to the
Pertronix module, so it's getting full 12V.

Yes, the wiring diagram indicates a resistance wire between ignition
switch and coil for my year, but the wire colors don't match my car.
They actually more closely match (at the coil anyway), an early Pre-L
model diagram.  Don't ask me man.... maybe Guido found a leftover the
day they assembled my car and spliced it into the rest.  Who knows.
Someday when I pull the engine and have time to sort the wiring, I'll
let you know if the wire I suspect is a resistance wire between the coil
and distributor (that I'm not using now), really was a resistance wire
or not.

:)
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired