[DeTomaso] Subject: LAYDOWN OR STRAIGHT UP RADIATOR

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Mar 26 19:40:48 EDT 2012

So how does it work with the Mezier external pump?  The bypass is
effectively either blocked or merged with the regular flow.  I think
it's merged but don't have the pieces to validate.

And yes... it does create a nasty air pocket that's a bit tricky to
get rid of.  In my case, I filled the system from the comfort of the
passenger seat, via the thermostat housing, which hand turning the
water pump both ways, working the air out.  It was tedious but
necessary, having vapor locked the system and overheated.  Next time I
have it apart, I'll probably drill a small bleed hole in the smaller
plug.

Asa Jay