[DeTomaso] refinishing the front trunk, grade and thickness of felt?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:10:40 EDT 2012

That may be what you're looking for, but I don't think so.  That's real wool felt as opposed to the
synthetic carpet like material that most people use to recover their trunks.  The original coverings
appeared to be some rather cheesy grade of felt like material, but that can be easily improved upon.
I think most vendors sell the stuff I was referring to.  I've seen rolls of it at Auto-Zone & Pep Boys.
any auto upholstery supply would have what you need.

I'd dimple the holes and bondo them. Prime it and cover it with the synthetic material.  I'd back away
from the bed liner material.  I've seen it and it looks good at first but if it has too much "tooth" it can be a
pain to clean.  I've known 2 people who have removed it for that reason.  The operator can adjust that though.
FWIW...

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa