[DeTomaso] Carbon fiber or fiber look hood and engine deck?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 20:37:27 EST 2012

In a message dated 3/2/12 15 07 27, knottsj at galstar.com writes:

> Am changing some cosmetics on the car and am looking for a carbon fiber
> hood
> with a Gurney scoop that fits w/o trunk modifications.  Also am looking
> for
> a matching engine deck with out the scoop.
>
> Any help for local US vendors would be appreciated.
>

>>>What do you mean by "Gurney Scoop"?   I know of no such thing.

GT40s had a "Gurney Bubble" which was a pop-up section in the roof to clear
Dan's helmet because he was so tall.

A Gurney Flap (or Gurney Wickerbill) is an aerodynamic device placed on the
trailing edge of a race car's wing, which points straight up, and increases
the performance of the wing.   Here's a drawing that goes out of its way to
simplify the description of how it works:

http://superhachi.com/theory/airfoils/gurney.jpg

I know that some aftermarket Pantera hoods are vented, and have Gurney
flaps at the leading edge of the vent openings in an effort to increase the
effectiveness of the venting--is that what you're referring to?