[DeTomaso] Just the facts survey...try this one!

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:41:34 EST 2012

I have had 6643 for a while.  It has 1/74 on the white door tag.  I bought the car because of the parts on it
as well as the appraisal by Dennis Quella stating that it was rust free, very straight and possibly the best
set up Pantera he had driven.  A recommendation not to be sneezed at.  I found all that to be true.  More info followed...
The following is from notes I found...

Anyway...here is the history from Dennis Quella.
3 owner car.
Was ordered from Factory (Red in Color) by first owner...Fred Martin (Dennis Quella's personal friend).
When arrived at dock in Italy..it was green !
Fred found out called the Factory..it was brought back to the factory, taken completely apart and painted red !
Re-Assembled and shipped to the USA.
Dennis Quella's partner (Dan) purchased the car from Fred Martin.
Dave Curtis purchased the car Fred Martin.  (I purchased from Dave Curtis)

So there are some problems with the names and order in the owner history that I have to straighten out.
If any of the Colorado people could supply info, it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't understand the "ordered by" references and need to clarify that with Dennis or the previous owners.
I can confirm that there was a factory repaint on a totally disassembled car.  I don't know how that happened.
The car was in Colorado all its life, most of that in or around Quella's shop.  It benefitted from many
interesting mods and PPC parts.

I seem to find "interesting" cars.  3644 was a good example.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa