[DeTomaso] Just the facts survey

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 14:05:09 EST 2012

In a message dated 3/1/12 10 23 46, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> What about the one or two that were CRASH TESTED?

Those cars were early production cars and were assigned early VINs.   I
have the test protocols and results from much of the DOT testing (although not
the crash tests themselves) and they used cars 1005, 1006, 1010 and 1011.
I believe the video of the crash test that PI had up for awhile showed 1005.
  That testing was done in California.

At least one car was crashed in Italy as well, and kept at the factory for
quite a long time afterwards, as it appears in the background of photos of
the production line.   I don't know the VIN of that one.