[DeTomaso] NPC: Anti Photo License Plate Covers

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:59:55 EDT 2012

I used to work for a toll road.  We tested all of them.  None of them worked.

Be very careful.  The constables have the authority to stop you, tow your car, and let you fend for yourself to get where you were going.  They can seize your car until you pay the fines, and there are always fees for fines that are not paid.  It is easy to rack up several thousands of dollars in fees on $50 of tolls.  I have seen $1,000 in fees on $3 of "cheated" tolls, but granted that was a worst case (challenged, went to court, lost).

The fees are usually waived for first offenders, as long as you aren't trying to cheat the system.  If you are caught running tolls with devices designed to hide your plates, the fees will not be waived.  They can't.  If they are lenient on cheaters, the problem gets worse.

If it "worked" for you, they likely just missed your plate.  Sometimes the equipment fails.  It isn't 100% accurate.

Like I said, be careful.