[DeTomaso] NPC: Anti Photo License Plate Covers

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:33:42 EDT 2012

The license plate cover reminds me of a paper on my desk that is titled "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments" by Justing Kruger and David Dunning, Cornell University.  It talks about in 1995, McArthur Wheeler walked into two Pittsburg banks and robbed them in broad daylight and had no ski mask or other concealment.  He was later arrested.  When he viewed the videotapes of his own robberies, he stared and said "But I wore the juice".  It seems that McArthur Wheeler thought that rubbing one's face with lemons and wearing "the juice" rendered his face invisible to cameras.

Happy reading.

Corey