[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 95, Issue 25-taller 5th

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 11:25:04 EDT 2012

I have a taller 5th in my car that Bobby Byers did when
we freshened my box about 7-8 years ago... it spins a little less
than 2400 rpm at 70 mph like John states.. I do often drive
my car in 3rd or 4th on the freeway to keep the revs up and keep it
in the cam... but it is also very calm (for my exhaust and motor)
in 5th just cruising... depends on my mood

I finally checked gas milage doing 145 miles a couple of weeks back
and driving very calmly, some freeway and some in town and it got 11.1
miles per gallon... not bad for me I thought... car is jetted rich
to keep it together and calm her down a little... I think I am about
5-6 on the track

It was a show car yesterday with about a dozen of its cousins
at Stanford ... good turn out and some great cars

Bob Benson