[DeTomaso] Raise of hands... how many of you...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 18:59:15 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/21/12 15 26 0, cuvee at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I think Hall sold some Mustang R Wheels (17x9"?) at one time but I think
> you needed a Big spacer for the back, something like maybe 1"? I don't
> think I'd want that large of a space on my Car!
>

>>>Right--those are the wheels that are currently sitting in my attic,
waiting for somebody to buy them.   I'm fairly certain somebody bought them from
Hall and was not happy with them.   When they came to me (for Patrick), no
spacers were included.

Having seen with my own eyes a car with the Hall spacer setup lose the rear
wheel when the spacer failed (actually, I think the spacer wasn't attached
to the hub properly), damaging the body and the suspension, I can state
without equivocation that I am not a fan of that setup!