[DeTomaso] MSD 6AL failure modes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 15:49:35 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/10/12 12 47 16, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Well, you did have a bunch of welding done on your car recently.   It
> probably wouldn't hurt to swap boxes and then test for change.   If it
> fixes it,
> your 'spare' which has been on the car for ten years is suspect.
>

>>>Bob Benson has reported failures of MSD distributor caps also.   I would
think that would be more likely to give the indications you are receiving.
 If you have a spare cap, install that before changing boxes and test the
results.

And if you don't have a spare cap, WHY don't you have a spare cap, given
that you are hundreds of miles from the nearest replacement cap in the event
of a failure, and given that spare caps are cheap? :>)