[DeTomaso] MSD 6AL failure modes

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:16:57 EDT 2012

I have always been told that they just crap out and then your stuck. I
suppose stopping in one foot or one hundred foot  (with some farting and
sputering for good measure is really the same your stuck with no
appreciable warning. I carry s spare 6al as well as a spare coil. I was
attempting to set up the rig the circle track racers use where you can flip
a switch and go from one 6al to another (as well as a new coil with the
flip of a switch. ) Unfortunately I soon realized I had the wrong
distributor for this set up so I just carry the spares. My distributor was
a brand new MSD billet small diameter and was not cheap. When I replace it
I will install the dual set up.
Boyd