[DeTomaso]   265/50-15 tires

Dennis Sanford dennis617 at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 07:10:51 EDT 2012

Mike,

This information wasn’t my opinion it came from the tire company that sold
me the tires.  And the problem wasn’t that the tire compound wasn’t sticky
enough, it was that the tire stuck to the ground but because the sidewall
was very soft it would allow the wheel to sort of roll over itself from side
to side.  If you envision a balloon on a rim, it would stick to the ground
but at the same time be very sloppy.  So even though the tire stuck to the
pavement, because the side wall would give more in the back than in the
front, the car would go into a curve, the back would want to continue into
the curve and then spring back.  It was incredibly hard to keep the car on
track and remain in my lane.  P.S. the tire dealer took the tires back and I
got full credit.