[DeTomaso] Best place to hook up a new circuit

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Jul 23 03:15:47 EDT 2012

Contrary to what many think the battery is not the main source of power
in a car. It's the alternator. If you hook up a load to the battery post
you feed the load from the alternator via the ammeter when the engine is
running which is suboptimal. If you hook it up to the fuse box you feed
the load directly from the alternator when the engine is running and
from the battery via the ammeter when the engine is not running.

Tomas (filling in for Thomas ;-) )