[DeTomaso] #2075 finally sees some action.

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:21:36 EDT 2012

"Any votes of confidence or offers of hubs appreciated...."

Phil (Mids UK)

Hi Phil,

I am in a similar situation. My comments might ruffle some feathers, but I
have had mine ruffled a couple of times so its just life.

My project is 3925 and its rotted pretty bad. It's one of those projects
that when your friends see it, they feel obligated to bail out of your own
poor judgment by sending you the occasional ad for an alternative pantera.
LOL (granted its with good intent)  My car was is the rustiest car most have
seen that I have asked. I have chosen to embrace the challenge. Especially
since not everyone was what I would call "supportive".  Many do just
encourage and say "do what makes you happy" or " you can do anything you put
your mind too", but there is always a few that will think you are poor or
crazy, and skip the encouragement in favor of a detailed list of
repercussions. In light of that for me, it's more like a vendetta now.
Again, MOST everyone has good intentions (mostly... I think) but for me
usually they are just trying to warn me of the consequences or "yelling fire
in a burning room" as one friend put it. LOL

Nevertheless, you CAN do it, and it CAN be done. What a lot of people don't
understand is that some of us enjoy a challenge so much, that we take on big
projects NOT simply because we can't "afford the alternative", but because
the rewards of accomplishing something of that magnitude are so great, you
wouldn't trade it otherwise. Granted I'm not made of money, but I could
easily sell my Shelby Cobra, My Protouring Nova, or my euro spec Sunbeam
Tiger, or maybe my 71 Bill Stroppe Baja racing Bronco ...or even my 69 model
trail rig early bronco in favor of changing or funding my Pantera or buying
a different one, but I still won't consider it because I LOVE the work, I
love the cars, and wouldn't trade it for an easier way out.

And this is how you must be in my opinion...don't let the project get you
down, embrace the challenge and hold your head up high, for when its done,
you earned every ounce of joy reaped from the witness of its luster,
procured by sweat and the sweet labor of love.

As Larry said, keep up the good work.

Cullen

PS sorry no hubs to offer, just votes of confidence.