[DeTomaso] Tail light lens variations

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 12:51:59 EDT 2012

Alain,

There are several versions of tail lights.  I'd call your version the
"grooved" type (for lack of a better name),

as it has a horizontal groove between the top and bottom lens bucket.
(There is also the Carrillo and Altissimo brands.)

Which is your lens?

Your question reminds me of the need to add more details and photos to my
tail light page.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/Taillights.asp

I'll add your photo, and find other examples from my collection shortly.

As to the black trim, I believe later Euro cars did have the trim painted
black, but let me check with Mike Drew.

Mike "What say ye' ?  (Mike is currently at Le Mans so it might take a few
days for a reply.)

I'll also forward to the DeTomaso Forum group.

Listers,

How many variations of tail light lens for the Pantera are there?

Chuck