[DeTomaso] Good news from the Swedish crash

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 13:36:00 EDT 2012

I think this is pretty generous of the police.

I suspect that in the US they would be asking, "Why was full throttle applied in the first place under such crowded conditions?"

Presumably he was going to try to spin the rear wheels or whatever to show off, but whatever, he had just released the clutch pedal when he found himself being rocketed forward.  So his foot would still be on that pedal. Wouldn't the natural reaction be to undo what you had just done, therefore to depress the pedal again?  I'm not criticizing anyone, just thinking.

For me the ignition key is far too hard to reach to be a reasonable way of shutting off the engine in 1-2 seconds. I do have an anti-theft / ignition cutoff switch on the side of the tunnel by the driver's seat, but I doubt I could have found it without looking by reflex fast enough to prevent this.

Jim