[DeTomaso] Engine Autopsy

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:38:11 EST 2012

That is bad luck, I'm surprised the center post made it past the valve.

In answwer to yoru question, here's my opinion; even though your problem isn't what was initially diagnosed, why would you take the chance to reassemble the egine with the stock valves still in place and wait for the inevitable to happen, so I say go for the rebuild and avoid rolling the dice every time you take it out for a drive. What is the cylinder wall like?

Julian