[DeTomaso] Rare Colors

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 13:47:11 EST 2012

Hi guys,

Reference the Pantera photo I posted in my POCA album--I surmised that it
was one of the super-rare yellow-gold cars.   I subsequently heard from
others who thought it was a repaint in a non-factory color.   I do know one
fellow whose Pantera WAS yellow-gold but it's been replaced straight yellow.   I
sent him the photo, and he replied:

=====

> that colour looks really nice, but it looks much different to the color
> on the inside of my doors. I also got a paint sample made up by
> www.carpaintonline.com with PPG number 82208 and had it test sprayed and it matches the
> color on my doors, so I don't think the color in your photos is correct -
> I could however be wrong of course. The paint number I got from the lists
> of paint numbers which I found some on the PROVAMO site and the paint color
> I have also matches that of the yellow gold US GTS on the PROVAMO site here
>http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/BodyColors.asp  ). I will try to
> take a photo of the inside of the doors and the paint sample I had test
> sprayed in some decent light and send it to you.

====

So there you go...the hunt for an original yellow-gold GTS continues....