[DeTomaso] 1972 1/2 Pantera 351C

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Sun Jan 8 10:33:33 EST 2012

The FMS-M-6564-C351 rockers *are* bolt on.

I use them with my hydraulic roller cam as I think the whole idea with
guide plates seems stupid.

I have shimmed them to the proper preload, and I like that everything is
solidly mounted. No flopping around, the rocker only moves around the shaft.

And there is no need for any modification, and no need to pull the
heads, although that might be a good thing anyway, just to check things out.

Not sure if they are still available. I found them in the FRPP catalog,
but they are NA from Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6564-C351/

There are a few listed on Ebay now, although at least two of them are
described as "adjustable", and show pictures of rockers with poly locks,
which they clearly do not have. The are bolted down solidly with allen
screws.

Thomas