[DeTomaso] girling calipers - rebuild

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 21:05:39 EST 2012

http://www.teampanteraracing.com/gallery2/v/asajay/pantera/brakes/

> >also, what is the part number for the recommended replacement pad
> (porterfield, right?)
>
>>>Porterfield R4-S.   I was somewhat disappointed to discover that their
backing plates are made slightly differently from the stock pads in the
front, despite what their website indicates.   Although they still function fine,
the different shape precludes the use of the stock anti-rattle springs.
Other makers such as EBC have proper-shaped backing plates.

If you're not in a hurry, you can remove your original pads, and ship them
to Porterfield; they will strip away the old material and bond new material
and send them back to you.   That's probably the optimal setup.