[DeTomaso] Chance meeting with Tom Tjarda

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 22 14:02:40 EST 2012

  In searching for Pantera parts for Mike McConville, owner of Magnum
Auto and Collision who owns a Pantera and wants to modify it, I touched
base with Guy Anderson, a person with a lot of background and experience
with the DeTomaso brand.

In my discussions with Guy, he mentioned that he ran into Tom Tjaarda
recently while he was in Pebble Beach shopping. While Guy didn't have
any leads on original Pantera GT5 body panels or kits, he did send me
pictures of his 1985 GT5 he recently restored.  Go to the following web
link to see those pictures of Guy with Tom and also of his GT5.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.352123881494284.85061.100000900252005&type=1&l=5b2e32d5a8

For those that aren't familiar with Guy and some of the early days of
the Pantera, see the prior photo album I posted on Guy and some of his
exploits with the Detomaso Pantera at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.169982756375065.35097.100000900252005&type=3&l=a09a5fa682
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.169982756375065.35097.100000900252005&type=3&l=a09a5fa682>