[DeTomaso] Why support the registry?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Feb 3 20:17:19 EST 2012

Quoting Pantdino <pantdino at aol.com>:

> Likely someone called the ins. co and said "We have recovered a 1965  Ford...

...that was reported stolen 30 years ago...

> do you want it?" to a secretary somewhere who knows nothing  about
> such things and she said, "No, not worth our time."   He  probably
> just got lucky. :-)

If someone had called me up and told me a car I reported stolen 30
years ago had been found, I probably would have thought it was trashed
and wouldn't be much interested either.  Unless of course, it had been
a car like this.

I've know people who had stolen cars recovered.... and they weren't in
very good condition anymore.

Asa Jay