[DeTomaso] Another 408C on the dyno - TFS 2V heads and Wilkinson exhaust

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:31:17 EST 2012

> An interesting side note... the simulator claims that carb size upgrades
> dont get you much once you have a 600cfm on there.

You'll see a big difference due to carb size as the horsepower rises,
especially on a dual plane intake manifold.

> Manifolds and cam's seem to make the most difference (assuming a good
> flowing head).  I'd love to see if that plays out to be true on a real motor.

We've seen headers make a 36 HP increase, mufflers lose 50 HP, 50 HP between
intakes, etc. so it all can make a difference.  Everything makes a bigger
difference on a larger displacement engine and an engine with better heads.

Dan Jones