[DeTomaso] Removing ANSA resonator tips?

May, Andy andy.may at doosan.com
Thu Aug 23 10:47:18 EDT 2012

I'll chip in here since I think Mike was originally enquiring on my behalf - I was initially looking for a way to remove the baffles in the exit tips to get an indication of the restriction (if any) they provided. My intent was not to destroy anything in the process, but to be able to simply insert or remove them depending on whether I was racing or on the street. I felt my car was already plenty loud enough for the street and attracts about as much attention as I want it to from those of a law enforcement persuasion.  I have since found out that my car (a late Euro GT5-S) has GP3 exhausts and mufflers - this is the way it came from the factory - and so the tips are not going to make any additional restriction to the flow.  The can has a perforated Y tube from the inlet straight to the tips - this is why it's already plenty loud!

My intention now is to make up a set of straight-through pipes from the headers so I can replace the complete system and do some back-to-back testing on the drag strip. This way I can determine if any worthwhile real-world advantage could be realised by investment in exhaust changes/modifications. I don't plan on doing this before next spring as there are probably only a few weeks of weather left here in which I can enjoy the car before it will be put away for the winter.

Andy (in the UK)

IMPORTANT NOTICE.

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are  confidential and may be
privileged and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form
of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to
postmaster at doosanpowersystems.com then delete the E-Mail and destroy any
copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.DOOSANPOWERSYSTEMS.COM