[DeTomaso] cleaning cast aluminun (NPC)

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:23:08 EDT 2012

I use a mad scientist mixture of Eagle One wheel cleaner for rough cast
wheels ( Oreillys, not Auto Zone or Advance AP carries it) and Aluminum
Jelly ( blue snot) ( Ace hardware or online ordering ). It works very well,
but be careful, it will also eat the red and blue coating off of AN
fittings. I apply with a paint brush after first degreasing (Zep spray) and
drying off (leaf blower). Brush on and let it sit about 5 minutes, rinse
and repeat as desired, when finished, wash well with soap suds to
neutralize, rinse and blow off.

Michael Shortt